Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ugly things, a love affair.

Tiger: Hey Monkey, I love your ugly smile!
Monkey: Thanks baby, I think...
Tiger: Let me explain myself. I really love it.
Like all things close to my heart, it's dear to me.
Monkey: Go on...
Tiger: Once you get past that unattractive surface it's really quite simple.
I think Hannibal Lecter said it best, "What do we desire? Things we see every day".
Monkey: Is this your way of saying you're fed up with me?
All those years of friendship... You're willing to throw it all away because my smile looks like the grill of a Cadillac El'dorado?
Tiger: No, you cute little stupid ape... I said I love it and I mean it.
Monkey: I'm not hearing an "I'm sorry"...
Tiger: Would you stop interrupting me and let me explain already?
Monkey: Whatever...
Tiger: Now, now, turn that frown upside down.
I don't think that love that's only skin deep is ever worth the time that's been wasted on it. Sure, we can all be seduced by that lingering presence of a very attractive woman, very much so. But at some point that just fades away like toilet paper that's been in the water for too long, and all that's left is that awful smell just before you flush... That's when we wish she at least had a really ugly smile.
Monkey: Wow, I had no idea you were so full of crap...
Tiger: Ha ha, I like you. I'm just trying to paint a strong picture so it'll seep into that thick brain of yours. Which I totally love by the way...
Monkey: It's all thanks to beer and toilet paper.
Not that much crap though...
Tiger: I see.
Monkey: Yes.
Tiger: No matter how ugly something is, we will start loving it the second we connect it to ourselves. We all feel a bit of pride looking at the pile of crap we disposed of during the moment before we flush it down the drain, never to see it again. It's who we are, it represents us, it carries our love out into the world.
Monkey: Word...
Tiger: With this my friends, I bid you all goodnight. Until next time, love your crap, it came from your loins...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello friend and family! Love your tiger and your monkey. Emmy has a tiger that she never let's out of sight. So, it runs in the family.

Big hug from your fan and aunt ...

/Malin