Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The ever changing changes

Tiger: Well, didn't expect to see you again so soon.
Monkey: Yeah, same here, compadre.
Tiger: I suppose we both felt the need to write some bull-crap again huh?
Monkey: Yep, sure seems that way...
Tiger: Shall we?
Monkey: Lead the way captain...
Tiger: So, let's talk about changes, or the concept of changes.
Monkey: Ooh, that sounds like a mouthful.
Tiger: Well, it's as filling as you make it partner, just keep them words running and we'll be home safe.
Monkey: Hah, easy.
Tiger: So the basic concept of change is that it is a reaction to elements in the surroundings of the subject. A reaction that can take two paths of action and one path which is just no action at all. Since no action is no change it's just plain boring to talk about, so we'll stick to the action part.
Monkey: All those big words are making my head hurt, speak my language stripey...
Tiger: Ok, if stuff happens we do stuff about it, either positive stuff or negative stuff, ok?
Monkey: Aah, this I can totally connect with.
Tiger: So what decides what way you react?
Monkey: Wait! Wait, I know this one!
Uhm... How many beers you had?
Tiger: Not a bad answer, but what if you're completely sober then?
Monkey: Well, ehm...
Tiger: Experience.
Monkey: Oh...
Tiger: Stuff that happened before that we still remember and maybe learned from.
Monkey: Ah...
Tiger: It's like if a person tells you that your sweater is ugly, you might not listen and think they're totally stupid. But if six people say it, then you might start thinking about putting on another one next time.
Monkey: Well, I'd totally go bare instead then. You've seen my buff body.
Tiger: Eh, yes, buff...
Monkey: Hit me! Right here in the chest! Witness my manly power!
Tiger: So, let's move on shall we?
Monkey: Sissy...
Tiger: Some people can change and turn bad over night, like spaghetti in the fridge. They get all stiff and dry. Others can blossom, like a butterfly.
Monkey: You ARE a sissy... Ooh, look at me, I'm a pretty little butterfly, wee waa woo...
Tiger: Sit down before you get slapped boy...
Monkey: Sorry, your sissyness overwhelmed me for a moment there.
Tiger: Something I've also noticed is that positive change usually comes from our own initiative, negative from pressure or sudden substantial events that affect us. I think that we can all make our own decisions and stick with them. It's just our stubborn nature to do so.
Monkey: Unless we're a mongoloid albino gorilla that eat bananas through a straw and can't even remember to go poo poo...
Tiger: Thank you, I was just getting to that.
Monkey: No problemo el commandante...
Tiger: Right, so my point here was... What the hell was my point again?
Monkey: I don't know, I just hang around to make sure you make a fool of yourself.
Tiger: Right, that does it, I say whatever I want to say because I have some measure of self respect and I can back up any of my statements till the day I perish and the sky comes crashing down if I have to. I'll listen when you've got something constructive to tell me, monkey brains...
Monkey: Ha ha, you can say thanks later... I just pulled your point out of you.
Tiger: Aah, you sweet little thing you... Exactly...
Always stand your ground unless you know you're wrong.
Then get on your knees and admit you've got no idea what to do.
Monkey: That's honesty and righteousness for you right there baby...
Tiger: Bam!

No comments: